How to: Update the VERDICT D7 to improve hot weather performance
- Download the update from diagnostics.snapon.com/VERDICTBIOSUPDATE113, save the file to a USB memory stick or directly to the VERDICT desktop.
- Connect an AC power adapter to the VERDICT display tablet and boot up
- Close the diagnostic suite and all other programs
- Insert the USB stick in VERDICT (if used). Double-tap the VERDICT D7 BIOS REV 1.13.EXE file
- An Installshield Wizard will open. Carefully follow the on-screen prompts to perform the installation
- When the Wizard is completed, tap “Finish” to close the utility
- Remove the USB stick. Tap “OK” on the “Restart” dialogue pop up window to reboot the VERDICT to complete the installation process. You must reboot VERDICT to complete the installation.
How to: Switch between ShopKey Pro, ProDemand, ShopKey5 and OnDemand5.
- From the main menu select INFORMATION
- Select the MENU button
- Select WEBSITE
- Select the desired service webpage
How to: Calibrate the Touch Screen
The touch screen can be calibrated for accuracy using the PenMount (PM) software utility in the unit.
- From the Windows toolbar select Start > PenMount Control Panel.
- In the PM Control Panel; highlight the PenMount 6000 RS232 and select Configure.
- Select one of two calibration options:
– Automatic—uses 5 points on the screen to quickly bring the unit into calibration. You can use your finger to calibrate the screen.
– Advanced—uses 9, 16, or 25 points on the screen to accurately bring the unit into calibration. Use the dropdown menu to select the number of points, a stylus is required to calibrate the screen.
- Touch and hold the center of each red box that displays in sequence.
- Select OK to close the dialog boxes once the calibration is complete.
How to: Adjust the D7 Display Screen brightness.
The Brightness Button located on the D7 Display keypad increases the screen backlighting in seven incremental steps. When the screen is at the brightest setting the D7 will beep.
How to: Close a software application using Task Manager.
If in the Diagnostic Suite:
Tap the Desktop button located in the lower left corner of the screen. This will display the Windows Start/Task Bar at the bottom of the screen directly below the Diagnostic Suite.
If not in the Diagnostic Suite:
- Press and hold the stylus on the blank grey area of the Start/Task Bar for a few seconds to open the Right-Click menu.
This can also be accessed using a USB mouse right click.
- On the Right-Click menu select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window select the software applicatoin you wish to close. Tap on the End Task Button at the bottom of the window.
- If a second End Program window appears, click the End Now button. This box will close and the Task Manager window will be displayed again.
- Close the Task Manager window by pressing the red "X" in the upper right corner.
- Re-launch the previously unresponsive application if desired.
Where are the "S" Button screenshots stored?
Where are the photos from the camera stored?
From the VERDICT main menu select DATA MANAGER and then CAMERA FOLDER or SCREENSHOTS.
In windows the "S" button screen shots can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\VERDICTUser\My Documents\ShopStream\Screenshots. Photographs taken with the built in camera can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\VERDICTUser\My Documents\ShopStream\Camera Folder.
How to: Restore D7 Display System Software to original factory data.
Warning: This procedure will restore the unit to its factory settings. All saved user files and documents will be deleted. All 3rd party software will be uninstalled and/or deleted. Do not perform this process unless you have been instructed to do so by a Snap-on Representative.
The Snap-on System Restore utility is a hard disk drive recovery program that allows you recover the application files on the hard disk. Running the utility replaces all of the C: drive data with the original factory data. Be aware, all new or modified files on the C: drive will be lost. The directional arrow buttons on the D7 Display Device are used to navigate when performing a system restore. Use the Enter button to make selections.
To restore the operating system
- Power on the D7 Display Device.
- Wait for the “Press Up Arrow to run Snap-on System Restore” message to display, then Press the Up Arrow button.
A progress indicator displays while the program loads.
- Select OK from the confirmation message.
A progress indicator displays while the files are being restored.
- Select OK from the confirmation message.
The D7 Display Device shuts down, then reboots and the system recovery portion of the operation begins. Follow any on-screen prompts.
The D7 Display Device shuts down and reboots a second time. When the VERDICT Home screen displays, the procedure is complete and the D7 Display Device is ready for use.
How to: Check for Software Service Releases
Check for any available Service Releases using the automatic update tool.
- From the main menu click on the DESKTOP button.
This will display the Windows Start/Task Bar
- Tap on the ShopStream Update Tool icon. It is white in color with a thin black frame.
- Select CHECK FOR UPDATES. A “checking for updates” window will be displayed.
- If there is an update available, you will be presented with a download screen. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- If no update is found you will be presented with a message bubble stating “No update available".
How to: Correct printer installation errors.
When installing printer drivers, a “cannot locate” window may open requesting the location of a particular DLL or other support file. These files are typically already on the hard drive. Unlike standard Windows XP the XPe operating system in the VERUS PRO cannot always locate the needed files on its own. If this window is displayed when you are installing your printer follow these steps to complete the installation.
- Note the filename and extension being requested by the window
- Click START from the Windows Desktop, select MY COMPUTER
- Click on Local Disk C: once only so that the drive is highlighted but not opened
- Select Tools and then Folder Options
- Click on the VIEW tab, ensure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected - it should have a green dot to its left. Click on APPLY and then OK.
- Click on Local Disk C: once only again so that the drive is highlighted but not opened
- Select File and then Search
- Enter the file name being requested by the "Cannot locate" window in the "All or part of the file name" search field
NOTE: Do not enter the exension (.dll, .sys, etc.)
- When this file is located, note the path
- In the "Cannot locate" window select Browse
- Browse to the path previously noted
- Select the missing file
- The installation will now continue
Occasionally, additional files are requested and chances are that those files are on the same found path. If they are not they can be located using the search function as well.
How to tell what bundle is currently installed in your VERDICT
- Select the MENU button
- Select HELP and then VERSION INFO
- The currently installed Software Bundle will be displayed.
Where can I find the user manual?
From the VERDICT main menu click on the MENU button in the lower left corner of the screen. Then touch on HELP and USER MANUAL.
Online: It is located at http://diagnostics.snapon.com/usermanuals
Where can I receive online training for VERDICT?
Snap-on Diagnostics Training Solutions
Hands-on Training Videos
Multimedia Training Courses