How to: Use the M4 remotely.
The Scope Multimeter module can be removed from the Display Device, then connected to the Display Device with a USB cable. This increases the range of mobility for the Display Device while monitoring signals on the test vehicle. A Type A/B USB cable, which is provided with your kit, makes the connection.
NOTE: The Scope Multimeter module can be removed from the Display Device at any time, whether powered on or not. However, data and settings will be lost if it is removed while operating.To prevent accidental loss of data, make it a practice to first save the current data if desired, then select either the Power Off or Back button from the toolbar to suspend meter operation. Power Off saves the current settings, but does not save data. Settings are not saved if Back is elected.
- Depress the Scope Multimeter module release tab located on the top of the unit
- Slide the Scope Multimeter module free of the Display device.
- Open the USB port cover on the bottom of the Scope Multimeter module.
- Connect the square end of the USB cable to the port on the Scope Multimeter.
- Open the hinged cover on the left-hand side of the Display Device
- Connect the rectangular end of the USB cable to either of the two ports on the Display Device.
- The Scope Multimeter is now ready for remote use.
How to: Change the D10 units of measurement from Metric to Standard
- From any place within the Scanner tap on the MENU button
- Select TOOLS and then UNITS SETUP
- Make desired adjustments
- Tap on ACCEPT to make the changes, RESTORE DEFAULT VALUES, or CANCEL
How to: Bluetooth Pair the S3 Scan Module with the VERUS PRO.
The S3 Scan Module needs to be conncted via USB cable to the Display Device during the synchronization procedure. Make sure the Display Device has a charged battery and is connected to an AC power supply.
- Power on the Display Device
- Remove the rubber hand grip from the S3 Scan Module
- Open the access door on the S3 Scan Module (highlighted in the picture below.)
- Connect the Micro connector end of the USB cable to the S3 Scan Module.
- Connect the standard USB connector end of the USB cable to either of the USB ports on the top of the VERUS PRO. The Scan Module’s green Communication LED should now be illuminated.
- Tap the System Settings button on the Home screen of the Display Device.
- Select Paired Devices from the top center of the screen.
- From the Paired Devices screen select Add from the top right corner of the screen.
- When prompted select OK from the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap to select the Scanner Module from the search results list. A search in progress message displays during the pairing procedure, the Paired Devices screen displays once the procedure completes.
- Tap the Home button on the bottom left of the VERUS PRO toolbar to return to the Home screen.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the Scan Module and the Display Device. The Scanner and Display Device are now synchronized for wireless communication and should automatically recognize each other when both are powered up.
How to: Reset the Bluetooth connection between the wireless Scan Module and the scanner
- Disconnect the Scan Module from the vehicle
- Close the Diagnostic Suite
- Reconnect the Scan Module to the vehicle
- Reopen the Diagnostic Suite
Where are the OBD-I adapters? Part numbers?
The VERUS PRO compatible OBD-I adapters can be purchased as a set (Kit 1 - P/N EAK0301B08A and Kit 2 – EAK0288B04B) or individually. These adapters require the optional OBD-I Data Cable (P/N EAX0068L01A).
Please note: Both the older style black OBD-I adapters and the new red OBD-I adapters are compatible with VERUS PRO.
Connecting to OBD-I vehicles.
Some OBD-I vehicle communication adapters require 12 volts or ground be provided from the vehicle in order to establish proper communication between the vehicle and the scan tool. This is achieved by plugging the Lighter Power Cable and/or the Battery Power Cable into the silver power port on the side of the OBD-I adapter.
|Adapters that require |
external 12 volts
|Some OBD-I adapters require ground as well. |
Adapters that require external Ground
|Chrysler-1 ||Multi-1 (Connect black lead to vehicle ground) |
|GM-1 ||Multi-2 (Connect black lead to vehicle ground) |
|Ford-1B ||MB-2A (Connect alligator clip to vehicle ground) |
|Toyota-1 || |
|Toyota-2 || |
|Mazda-1 || |
|Hyundai-2 || |
|MB-2A || |
|Honda-1 || |
|Multi-1 || |
|Multi-2 || |
What do the S3 Scanner Module LEDs and buzzer indicate?
| ||LED off – No vehicle power detected and no vehicle communication |
| ||LED on – Vehicle power but no vehicle communication |
| ||LED flashing green – Vehicle power and vehicle communication |
| || |
| ||LED off – Normal function |
| ||LED on – Not functioning normally |
| ||LED flashing red – Performing self test |
| || |
| ||LED off – No wired or wireless communication with the D10 |
| ||LED on solid green – Wired communication with the D10 |
| ||LED flashing green – Wireless communication with the D10 |
| || |
| ||Buzzer on – No communication between the S3 Scanner and D10 Display, or no communication with the vehicle |
The Data Cable LED is off even though I am plugged into the vehicle.
The Data Cable LED indicates that there is sufficient 12V power and ground being supplied to the Data Cable.
OBD-I - There vehicle may be providing insufficient B+ voltage and/or ground at the OBD-I DLC. If required the Lighter Power Cable plugged into the OBD-I adapter (see Connecting to OBD-I vehicles) may be providing insufficient B+ voltage and/or ground. The fuse in the Data Cable may also have failed
OBD-II - There may be insufficient B+ voltage and/or ground at the OBDII DLC. The fuse in the Data Cable may also have failed.
The Data Cable LED is on but the VERUS PRO Vehicle connection LED is not, what’s wrong?
Possible defective cable or an unresponsive vehicle.
Can I use any USB micro cable with the VERUS PRO S3?
No. The USB micro cable is designed to work with the lid to capture the connector and provide strain relief. Other cables may work but will not provide proper strain relief.
Are Personaligy Keys ever needed with the VERUS PRO?
Yes, the following applications require a Data Cable (Part# EAX0068L01A), OBD-II Key Adapter (Part# EAA0355L46C) and the K-7A Personality Key (Part# EAP0268L65A).
|Chrysler Imports ||Stealth ||1994-1996 |
|Chrysler Imports ||Talon ||1995-1998 |
| || || |
|Mitsubishi ||3000GT ||1994-1999 |
|Mitsubishi ||Diamonte ||1994-1996 |
|Mitsubishi ||Eclipse ||1995-1996 |
|Mitsubishi ||Expo ||1994-1996 |
|Mitsubishi ||Galant ||1994-1998 |
|Mitsubishi ||Mirage ||1994-1995 |
|Mitsubishi ||Montero ||1994 |
| || || |
|Chrysler ||Sebring ||1995-2000 |
|Dodge ||Avenger ||1995-2000 |
|Eagle ||Talon ||1995-1999 |