The goal of the Snap-on Technical Education Program is to use certification courses to place emphasis on tool use, theory and application — three areas that make students more well-rounded, skilled and proficient on the job.
When your school decides to partner with Snap-on, we can evaluate the current state of your program, and identify the goals you wish to obtain.
• Valuable Course Curriculum
• Up-to-date Instructor Training
• Stackable Third Party Certifications
• Instructor Networking Opportunities
• Bi-annual Train the Trainer events
Tools and Equipment
» Snap-on can provide all the tools needed for your technical education program.
» Snap-on can help evaluate current classroom and facility designs to maximize their full potential and help ensure the ideal educational workspace.
Curriculum and Staff Development
» Snap-on works with schools to offer necessary certifications for students to acquire stackable professional credentials.
» The certifications can be an add-on, but typically are integrated into the existing courses offered by partnering schools.
» Additionally, with the support of NC3, Snap-on will facilitate Train the Trainer sessions to assure instructors are fully prepared to pass on the skills students need.
Base level program requiring schools to have instructor(s) trained in a Snap-on certification and include the content in a course curriculum.
• School selects a Snap-on certification course.
• School selects instructor(s) to be trained.
• Instructor(s) attend(s) Train the Trainer session.
• School uses content to improve/upgrade their existing course.
• School may hold independent certification courses.
Higher level program requiring schools to have instructor(s) trained in two Snap-on certifications, include the content in course curriculum and develop a Snap-on integrated facility for certification training.
• Everything that is included in Certification Level, PLUS:
• School selects, at minimum, two Snap-on certification courses.
• School commits to becoming a Snap-on integrated training facility.
• Snap-on will provide assistance with facility planning and design, CAD drawings and funding presentations.
• Snap-on will seek opportunities to foster industry involvement.